Funeral.

Yesterday I went at the Funeral Mass of Eugenio, father of my schoolmate Javier Santos. I sat in second row, next to Vicente Poveda, also schoolmate and friend of the school and cousin of Javier. In the first row of the left bank were the sons, Eugenio and Javier. In the first row of the right bank was the mother of Javier and his daughters, and the rest of his family.

(concert extract)


I was thrilled by the family's detail of enlivening the Mass with a symphony orchestra. I was within yards of the orchestra, and it seemed that I was inside. It was a privilege. What a serious and solemn music!

It was the first time he had seen such a thing. At a funeral. Only famous classical musicians had that honor. Now, if you were listening to music, or organ (in rare and solemn occasions) or guitar and voice, when there was. It was a success that my hairs stand on end on several occasions by emotion. Surely Eugenio, in glory, would be excited to see a farewell so heartfelt, so solemn. I, I thought, I want to have something like that at my funeral.

Both the celebration of the Eucharist and the echoes of symphonic music in the Major Church of Santiago of Jumilla penetrated deeply into my being, causing a great peace.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

El agua y la música en Carlos Blanco Fadol

La canción de Shakira habla de 5 temas… y no solo de Piqué

Verano 2021 Familia Tomás Ilina