Aborigines at home but in a strange land.

      

    Soul singer Kira Puru of Australian origin, puts the environment at the head of the series. It strikes me immediately elaborate web of images, perfect framing, the original slow-motion effects, in perspective, photography, the work of the actors, transparent and credible script. A series with astonishing quality. The camera zooms actor to turn in leading a just cause, so long forgotten. A claim to the memory of a people massacred. A film, Stand Up, that is not lost, and that fills me with doubts and whys. Wonder why you have not raised that Aboriginal people, how you got to this situation, where the justice is. He is a young student who plants face symbolically refusing to sing an anthem that ignores their people, owner of the land that was taken from him. It is the search for understanding begins with recognizing past mistakes and building a multicultural society.


Francisco Amós Tomas Pastor





Kira Puru performs Lonely Child (Redfern Now)

I'm walking like a lonely child
Never Knowing which way to turn
Feeling lost far I've Wondered

Reach out and touch me
Take my hand and walk me home
Reach out and touch me
Understand That You will never ever be alone

Lost and lonely
Till you found me
And now you've Given Me Everything, yeah
Teach me to find love
Take my hand and walk me home
Reach out for my love
Understand That You will never ever be alone

I've wasted years
Cried so many tears
I was lost but now you found me
If I stumble, If I fall
Reach out and touch me
Take my hand and walk me home
Reach out and touch me
Understand That You will never ever be alone

Reach out and touch me
Take my hand and walk me home
Reach out and touch me
Understand That You will never ever be alone

Take my hand and walk me home
Reach out and touch me
Understand That we will never ever be alone.

(See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtssokyZ0J8)
(See http://www.kirapuru.com/)








     "Stand Up", in which an Aboriginal teenager scholarship refuses to sing the Australian national anthem in his fancy private school, believing that the hymn is offensive to their ethnicity, as you can see in the video filing Chapter.

      Redfern Now is an anthology series, structured in independent stories that develop in Redfern, the poorest district of Sydney, and mostly inhabited by natives and subjected to serious riots in 2004. Each chapter is a story of a house in the neighborhood family dwelling in her, always without any ethnicity aboriginal relationship between the frames, except as a secondary isolated neighborhood police.

(See http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/redfern-now/)
(See http://blackfellafilms.com.au/project/redfern-now/)






The Aboriginal community never allowed nor accepted the colonization of their country.

There was a lot of murders of Aboriginal and systematic kidnapping of children by the Australian government between 1869 and 1976.

European diseases that settlers brought with them (such as smallpox, chickenpox, measles, influenza and tuberculosis) took the lives of thousands of Aborigines. In regions where the two communities lived together, venereal disease seriously reduced the fertility rate and the rate of Aboriginal birth. With the settlers, Aborigines also discovered alcohol, snuff and opium; the substance abuse that was widespread throughout the nineteenth century remains a widespread among Australian indigenous communities of the twentieth century problem.

The combined effects of disease, the loss of land and direct violence reduced the Aboriginal population by 90% between 1788 and 1900.

The loss of their land had devastating consequences on social, cultural and psychological level for Aboriginals, despite the favorable recovery property verdict, remain largely restore their territories.

(See https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aborigen_australiano)




Redfern Now is a very ambitious project of the Australian public television to make a series completely focused on the Australian Aboriginal community in prime time, with actors, directors and screenwriter of Aboriginal descent, with the aim of showing the current reality of the minority ethnic.
Aborigines were the first inhabitants of Australia, displaced from their land when European settlers began arriving who treated them like animals, being despised and confined to remote parts of the country and devoid of Australian citizenship, besides being decimated by diseases they brought Europeans and many have ended eventually shattered due to alcohol, gambling or drugs. But in recent years the guilt of Australian society is taking initiatives such as this series.
The results issued two seasons have been exceptional and in my personal opinion the best placed among the World Series the last two years, with a simple but rigorous approach should consider all public broadcaster, telling stories about a minority nearby.

(See http://blogs.diariovasco.com/series-gourmets/tags/Blackfellas/)



Episode 4 - STAND UP

Written by Steven McGregor Directed by Rachel Perkins //


At sixteen years old Joel Shields (Aaron McGrath) has just won an indigenous scholarship Clifton College - one of the elite private schools of Sydney. It's their first day, and notices mounted master Joel is not singing the national anthem. At home that night Joel is busy learning the words for you to participate, but his father Eddie (Marley acute) do not want your child to sing the anthem ... or stand for it.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

El agua y la música en Carlos Blanco Fadol

La canción de Shakira habla de 5 temas… y no solo de Piqué

Verano 2021 Familia Tomás Ilina